Law & Order
Civic and Community
Several diarists were involved with helping charities in various capacities.
- Did the usual Tuesday afternoon shift in a local charity shop
- customers rather less than in the holiday weeks just past. A couple from
Victoria, Australia provided interesting conversation, and the shift's
takings were £80 +. Conversation generally included comments on yesterday's
early morning earthquake.
A mother took her young child
- . . . to meet other mums and babies. We all took part
in a 'Toddle Waddle' walk around Lymore Park in aid of the Meningitis
One lady looked for sponsorship for an interesting challenge:
- At choir practice, I collected some more people who are willing
to sponsor me for the Marie
Curie Cancer Care Ladies Driving Challenge.
It is to take place at Pembrey Racing Circuit Llanelli. I hope I can rise
to the challenge. You never know what you might have to drive. According to
some photos of previous events, it might be a fire engine, a tractor or a
Others were involved in charities further afield.
- I also sent an email using my fairly new and not yet understood
computer, to a human rights organisation in the Philippines. It has taken
only about half an hour to reach its destination and the cost to me will be
the equivalent of a local phone call.
- In the evening went to the local Tools
for Self Reliance group. We are working on refurbishing building tools
for a community group in Ghana.