Buttington, near Welshpool, Montgomeryshire
In 1891, Buttington School was under the charge of John R Powell, the headmaster, who had taken up his post on May 7th 1889 and was to continue until February 28th 1893.
Mr Powell did not teach alone at the school. The local vicar, Rev J Hughes, came in regularly to teach scripture, and a sewing mistress was employed. However, Mr Powell had only a provisional teaching certificate and on December 10th the log book entry reads:
Powys County Archives
¦ Index ¦ Home ¦ Community and Civic Life ¦ Culture and Entertainment ¦ Education ¦ Health Care ¦
¦ Home Life ¦ Law and Order ¦ Social Conditions ¦ Transport ¦ Work ¦
¦ Background ¦ Partners ¦ Sources & Credits ¦ 1891 Timeline ¦ 2002 Timeline ¦